Top 10 Tax Planning Tips for 5th April 2022
Only a few weeks remain of the current 2021/22 tax year and we are giving you 10 simple tax saving tips to consider before the tax year end of 5th April 2022:-
- Use your Capital Gains Tax Annual Exemption of £12,300 by selling or gifting assets. Remember it cannot be carried forward to future tax years!
- Make use of your Dividend Allowance of £2,000 in order to get tax-free income! Dividends tax rates are increasing from 6th April 2022.
- Use your ISA Allowance of £20,000 by investing in either a cash or stocks and shares ISA. Growth within an ISA is tax free!
- Make pension contributions to use your annual allowance. Remember, any unused allowance can be carried forward from the previous 3 tax years!
- Consider transferring assets to your spouse to utilise their income tax bands. Gifts of assets to your spouse are tax-free!
- Use your annual £3,000 Inheritance Tax gift exemption to reduce your taxable estate. Additional allowances may also apply!
- Plan the most tax efficient structure to withdraw salary and dividends from your company.
- Make tax friendly investments into EIS, SEIS or VCT shares to reduce your tax liability for 2021/22.
- Consider advancing any repair expenditure for your business or acquiring any assets that qualify for the Annual Investment Allowance.
- Make Gift Aid contributions to reduce your 2021/22 tax liability if you are a higher or additional rate taxpayer.
If you wish to discuss any of the points above, please get in touch with one of our tax partners:
Alan Stewart, Tax Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Martin Cheyne, Tax Partner (email@example.com)